Estimates suggest that perhaps half of all prescription drugs may not produce the desired effects because they are not used properly. A review of multiple studies in ambulatory patients found that 29% to 59% of individuals made errors in the use of prescribed medications. Misuse of medications was critical enough to pose a serious threat to health in as many as 35% of cases.
Here are some questions to help you determine if a Medication Review would be beneficial to you:
- Do you forget to take your medication or sometimes just not take it when you should?
- Do you understand what your medication is for?
- Do you know how often you are supposed to take your medication?
- When you are feeling well do you sometimes not take your medication?
- If your medication makes you feel worse, do you stop taking it without talking to your pharmacist or doctor?
- If you take herbal or natural medicines are you aware of the interactions or negative effects they could have on your treatment outcome?